Augmented Reality: the future of education

Nowadays because of the devastation in the Amazon forest and the sensitization of the masses people start to prefer a tablet than a book. Learning through videogames seemed impossible and stupid, but now even this goal is achieved. But what other steps are waiting for us in the learning world and to which improvement will have the digital education? No one is able to answer the following question because there is no limit to the potential of today’s technologies. 


However, it is possible to predict which will be the most interested in certain innovation processes. In the first place, The augmented reality will be the most used instrument in the scholastic and university field because it is in line with the human cognitive processes. Whether you are a teacher, a student, a parent or simply curious, it is essential to stay informed about this topic. The danger is to find yourself with skills that are no longer required or to do much more effort to get through the learning of new concepts because of outdated methods. So read the article and learn to learn according to the logic of the education 4.0!





A study carried out by the national training laboratory in the United States forecasted that mnestic retention rates (the ability to remember what was experienced) grow to a 75% rate in the case of augmented reality applications in the educational process.This happens because, unlike what is believed, 60% of the cognitive process occurs through eyesight and hearing, while the remaining 40% (non-indifferent percentage) comes from the concrete or abstract application of the memorized concepts. In fact, “testing” at the moment what has been learned thanks to AR is excellent for a final consolidation of the skills that until then had been learned only theoretically. The improved sensory experience generates not only improved but also fun learning. 


Digitized education is enormously more effective as it allows students and teachers to interact in a more stimulating environment. Thanks to the diversity of methods, a sensation of amazement is repeatedly created, which, as verified by numerous scholars, facilitates the ignition of neural connections. To sum up, if you are passionate about cars, would you be able to study a manual of a car or a biology book first? Obviously the first one, but thanks to AR this is no longer a problem because every new concept will be amazing! 



The work of a scientist by the name of Dünser highlights how AR books can also be used to improve the comprehension and learning abilities of children with reading difficulties or learning disabilities. Digitized education will also provide these children slightly less fortunate than their peers. Studies show that students who have experienced reading in AR are able to remember for much longer time than those who have performed a traditional reading. This fact is due to a number of factors: first, AR presents content in a more interactive and dynamic way, capturing the attention. Secondly, readers are able to interact concretely with the content and this facilitates the retention. This is a real revolution for those affected by this type of disorder. Everything is surrounded by the possibility of giving feedback in real time that creates greater interaction even among groups of students preventing phenomena of students who are not focused or who are excluded from teaching because they suffer from disorders.



A lot of people confuse these two terms, however they have very different meanings. In fact, digital education indicates the preparation of a subject to the use of technologies while digitalized education indicates the way in which technologies are changing the way people learn. Governments and institutions are entering into agreements and projects to ensure that citizens are competent in matters of global interest. Just think of the Roberto Rossellini foundation named after the famous director who started professional masters for drones driving and for the use of AR in video applications. Nevertheless, the real challenge is based more on digitalised education than on digital education. The latter can not be achieved with good results without the aid of the first. Precisely for this reason not only the giants of the technology sector but also countless startups are investing a lot to improve this aspect of everyday life.


In conclusion, we perceive that augmented reality is now ubiquitous even in the way we learn new concepts. it will continue to improve the performance and motivation of young and old people in every aspect of life not only directly but also indirectly , through the general increase of skills and abilities of workers and students via the new learning technologies.



Hai ancora sete di ispirazione high-tech?


Vuoi sviluppare il tuo progetto AR? Contattaci